A business account is required to use this feature.
A Profile is simply a collection of rules and settings you wish to enforce on a specific resolver (Device). This can sometimes be known as a policy or configuration. To view a list of all your Profiles, click the appropriately named Profiles button in the main nav bar.
A Profile has the following component that can be tweaked to fit your use case:
- Filters - Categories you wish to be blocked
- Services - Specific websites and services you wish to block or redirect
- Custom Rules - Granular domain level rules
- Profile Options - Customizable behaviors within a Profile
If there are multiple rules for the same domain, the component with the highest priority will override anything with a lower priority. The list below shows the priority order, with the component at the top having the highest priority and the one at the bottom having the lowest priority:
- Custom Rules
- Default Rule - When no Custom Rule, Service or Filter matches a domain, the Default Rule comes into effect.
See the advanced rules creation guide in order to learn what advanced behaviors you can implement with these components.
A Profile by itself doesn't do anything - it must be enforced on a Device in order to be used. A single Profile can be enforced on one or more Devices (resolvers). These come in 2 types:
Updated about 1 month ago