If you have forgotten your password, the steps to recover your account are simple:
- Go to the Forgot Password form
- Input the email you registered with
- Click the link in the email that we sent you, and reset your password to something you will not forget.
- We recommend using a password manager to prevent stuff like this from happening again. We recommend 1Password or Bitwarden.
If you had 2FA on your account and you have lost access to the device that generates the one-time codes, you should use the recovery code you hopefully saved when you set up 2FA. The recovery code allows you to manually re-create the 2FA profile on your new device. Look for an option that says “Enter Code Manually” in the application you use to manage 2FA codes.
If you did not store your recovery code, you should feel silly, then contact support and provide the following information:
- Your email address
- Date of when you first purchased Control D
- Method of payment used
- Any relevant transaction IDs that you have access to
Updated 7 months ago